29 March, 2023

976


 

Umma Gumma. Rescued.
Not the boat or someone using this boat (which I don't think has moved from here in at least seven years),
but the image*.
Ilford Delta 400 seriously under-processed in 510 Pyro Semi Stand development.
I have traced the problem to my thermometer (30 years old probably, the type with a metal probe and circular dial on top)
suddenly reading 3 degrees too low. Not ideal with a 22 minute stand development.
(*not that the image is worth saving, but I wanted to see what could be retreived).
Image © John Banting 2023
Previous ... ... Latest
Another site I visit regularly.
Boxes and Bellows

2 comments:

Andrea Ingram said...

Broke my fav thermometer this week. A nice blue alcohol one I can actually read.
Always a bit hit and miss up here as we are never very warm and neither is my darkroom !

John said...

Hi Andrea. I sent for another metal probe style thermometer and
just need to remember to check it against my old mercury
thermometer occasionally, which isn't as easy to read as
I remember it being.